Sunday 16 September 2012

Little Harry <3

This post is a little different to my usual. I always talk about diabetes in humans. But it isn't just us that get it.

There is a lovely little dog that lives near my mum and his name his Harry. He is a beautiful little white dog. The breed that he is, is a Caesar dog from the adverts.

He hasn't been diabetic long and he is coping really well. I was talking with his owner and she told me that he has two injections a day to keep him under control. I admire this because I spoke to some people and they stated something completely different. My own friend stated that she loved me put if it was me that was the dog she would have had me put to sleep, which is really wrong. Why shouldn't animals have a chance to live a full happy life too. So I take my hat off to you Harry's owner.

He has the same troubles that humans do. When his sugars are running a little high he will urinate more that usual and when he is low he acts differently. You would have to watch him more closely as he can't tell you something is wrong. Something that we spoke about was that they don't have sugar contents on food packets... Strange I know to have brought this up bit when you have an animal with this kind of condition, wouldn't you want to know that you are doing the best for them?

It hasn't changed him much, he still likes to bark at people as they walk pat his house and still enjoys his walks.

I just wanted to tell you about little Harry because he makes me smile and he makes me realise that you can't let things knock you back.

Talk to you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment